What to Expect- Month 2 of Pregnancy
This is when your baby goes from blastocyst to zygote, as that dividing ball of cells takes on a more human form. You may be experiencing a change, too, as your body and mind adjust to your new role as mom-to-be.
CHANGES YOU MAY EXPERIENCE
- Nausea, vomiting, food sensitivity and fatigue may develop or become more severe.
- If you haven’t already, you should start making changes in your lifestyle so that you and your baby have a healthy pregnancy. You should stop smoking, drinking alcohol and caffeine intake, 200 mg is the max that you should consume daily.
- You may experience moodiness as hormone levels adjust.
- Sexual desire may wan as fatigue and nausea increase.
HOW YOUR BABY IS DEVELOPING Your baby is now a little under an inch long but has developed into a tiny human being. The heart is beating, the brain is developing and she has developed all her limbs as well as hands and feet. The eyes have not fully developed.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR PRENATAL VISIT THIS MONTH
- If this is your first visit, you will receive an internal pelvic exam and Pap smear.
- Weight gain and blood pressure will be measured and monitored.
- Urine will be tested for possible infection
- Blood may be drawn to test for anemia and HIV. Genetic testing may also be given if appropriate.