WARNING: Child burned by Samsung phone


Authorities say the boy was watching videos on his grandmother’s smartphone when it exploded.

6-year-old Kadim’s grandfather, John Lewis, said, “He was playing with the phone because he always has the phone playing with it. The phone start catching on fire.”

Lewis described how terrified his grandson was as the Samsung phone exploded. “He threw it on the ground and ran outside. The cops came, the fire truck came, because the alarm inside went off.”

This may be the first injury from the defective phones but Samsung knows of at least 35 incidents of the lithium ion batteries exploding.


Lewis says, “He’s doing pretty alright. He went to school. But he was kind of timid because he doesn’t want to see no phone.”

Samsung is working with the Lewis family regarding the incident.

The company says all Galaxy Note owners should turn off their device and exchange it

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Coffee and a Stroller

Like most websites CoffeeAndaStroller.com uses cookies. In order to deliver a personalized, responsive service and to improve the site, we remember and store information about how you use it. This is done using simple text files called cookies which sit on your computer.