In the society that we live in, it is very common that people are nervous, hurried, anxious, or stressed, as well as depressed or getting enough sleep. Tensions and pressures that you feel obligated to everyday ravage your nervous system. Although doctors say that a little bit of tension is good for your health, the problem happens when this amount exceeds the normal standards.
The nervous system is actually the most important and also complex parts of the human body. It is responsible for responding in both of internal and external stimuli with different actions and emotion. It has the function of controlling from the regulation of breathing to your movements, from the regulation of temperature to the digestion to regulating temperature, from any physical activities to emotional respond. So, it is essential to strengthen the nervous system for getting a better life.
The symptoms of the unhealthy nervous system are mild or severe because they depend on each other’s problem. They may be a headache, concentrating difficulty, poor memory, a shortness of breath or excessive sweating. You may find the medical treatment later but instead of doing that, you can try on do-it-yourself remedies to prevent or treat your problem.
1. The main plants that are used to make infusions that fight attacks or problems related to nerves are:
- Valerian: It is one of the most known anti-anxiety and nerves herbs. It is used to fight against any type of nervous system disease and to reduce psychosomatic manifestations like spasms, palpitations, vomiting, insomnia, etc. Make an infusion with 15 grams of this plant’s root. Let sit the entire night and drink it in the morning.
- Lettuce: it is sedative which is why it is also soothing. It helps calm nerves, helps you sleep better at night, and controls palpitations. A grandmother’s recipe is to put a lettuce leaf in the water that babies are bathed in so that they sleep more relaxed. Drink a tea with lettuce leaves or eat a salad before going to bed. Some people say that it is also a good option to make a smoothie or juice.
- Chamomile: another “popular” herb with sedative and calming effects for the nervous system. It reduces tension, inhibits muscular spasms in your stomach, and is also a painkiller. You should make a tea with a cup of water and 4 grams of flowers. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drink up to 3 cups a day.
2. Sunlight: Sunlight is an excellent regulator of the nervous system and it also provides us with vitamin D. To benefit from it, we can sunbathe for 10 to 15 minutes per day, preferably in the morning or late afternoon.
3. Water Therapy: how to strengthen nervous system – water therapy
According to some research, water at different temperatures is good at balancing the nervous system. And there are some recommended therapies:
- Cool, wet rubs:Just by a very thin towel, you should follow the pattern: hand-shoulder, foot-groin, and torso. You have to firstly do this quickly a, and then dress warmly to turn into the heat.
- Alternate arms baths: Starting with putting your arms in the hot water, one at a time. It will take about 30 seconds for each one.
- End a bath with a cold shower may be very beneficial, but you need to avoid the head region.
- Magnesium sulfate baths are very relaxing and good for your nervous system.
4. Eat a balanced diet. A balanced, low-fat diet with ample sources of vitamins B6, B12, and folate will help protect the nervous system. Make sure that your diet contains lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
5. Develop a positive attitude about your abilities. Reject the notion that nervous system (neurological) functioning declines with age.
6. Manage Stress: Stress is one of the reasons leading to the decrease of the nervous system. So, to strengthen your health of nervous system, you should ease the symptoms of stress. There are some ways we want to recommend:
- Stop working and take a deep breath: It is the fastest way to boost the nervous system. Whenever you feel tired and annoyed, just stop working and relax. This action can help you in restoring calm and clearing thinking.
Get physical activity: Taking some action such as taking a walk or going around… when you are stressed is an effective way to clear your head.
- Consume adaptogenic herbs: These herbs can help you mediate the output of stress hormones and bring you a fresh mind, relaxed and comfortable feeling.
- Pamper yourself: It is essential that you pamper yourself sometimes because the pleasurable experience, of course, is better for your body than a stressful one. Plus, this pleasure can enhance your health, fill your energy, and relax your mind. The compulsory thing is taking up your hobby or participating in some favorite activities, or having a massage…
7. Yoga And Mediation: You can make yoga and meditation as a part of your daily activities because this is also another way on how to strengthen nervous systems health naturally at home. Yoga includes 3 elements, poses, meditation, and proper breathing practices, which helps in strengthening the peripheral nervous system. Plus, this exercise is beneficial in elevating mood, aiding the immune system, reducing cortisol level, and boosting your all physical as well as mental well-being.
8. Apple and walnut Smoothie: Pass the apple through a fruit extractor without removing the peel. You mix the result with a glass of almond milk and nuts, once obtained you drink this delicious drink instantly.