What to Expect- Month 7 of Pregnancy
In month 7 of pregnancy the fetus at seven months is becoming more baby-like. Time to start thinking about maternity leaves and birth plans, as you enter the third trimester!
CHANGES YOU MAY EXPERIENCE
- Your feet or hands may start cramping.
- You may experience more movement of your baby
- Your joints may feel more loose due to softening in preparation for birth
- Many women experience Braxton Hicks contractions start in the seventh month.
HOW YOUR BABY IS DEVELOPING Your baby is starting to develop fat under his or her skin. Baby’s now almost 12 inches long and weighs between two and four pounds. Your child can now see, hear and taste, and the brain and nervous system are growing rapidly.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR PRENATAL VISIT THIS MONTH
- Monitoring of your weight, blood pressure and urine, as well as the baby’s growth and position, will continue.
- Stretch marks may appear as skin continues to stretch.
- You may start seeing your doctor more frequently at this point. Most start out with checkups every other week once you’re seven months pregnant.