If You Have Blinds Like THESE You Absolutely Need To Read This Tragic Story

 

One family learned the reality of tragedy and accidents the hard way when, after just moments, their lives were changed forever — and for a reason you’ve probably never even thought of. The story of this family’s loss is difficult to hear, as no parents should ever have to bury their child, and no sibling should ever have to see the baby of the family go. Their story is a message about safety, and it’s enough to encourage other families to think twice about the nature of we all thought are common household products.

Below, learn the story of Baby Bronwyn, her short life, and untimely death — and what her family is doing to prevent it from happening to anyone else’s little one.

This is 16-month-old Bronwyn Taylor.

The youngest sibling in her large family, her parents described her as highly lovable, social, and a total star when people came to the house.

This is 16-month-old Bronwyn Taylor.

It happened one night when Bronwyn’s parents were at the theater with two of their boys. Bronwyn’s grandmother was watching her and her older brother, Boden. Like many babies, Bronwyn was left unsupervised for just a few minutes.

But before Bronwyn could reach her second year, tragedy befell the family.

At some point, while Bronwyn was playing alone, she became tangled in the blinds and the cords that operate them.

That's when the unthinkable occurred.

The child was too young to possess the faculties and rational thought to be able to calmly free herself from the situation.

Sadly, she couldn't free herself.

And what’s worse: No one could have predicted it. In fact, no one could have even thought it was possible.

In the few moments she had without supervision, the worst possible outcome occurred.

But sadly, when Bronwyn’s grandmother found her, she was already in cardiac arrest.

She was rushed to the hospital immediately, but it was too late.

But sadly, when Bronwyn's grandmother found her, she was already in cardiac arrest.

Baby Bronwyn did not survive.

 

Baby Bronwyn did not survive the ordeal.

It’s hard to believe that this kind of tragedy occurred in a seemingly normal family home.

But like Bronwyn’s parents are now advocating and educating for, this kind of thing can happen to anyone.

It's hard to believe that this kind of tragedy occurred in a seemingly normal family home.

Bronwyn’s mother Cathy urged other families to use safety blinds if they have small children.

“This accident shouldn’t have happened and the blinds shouldn’t have been there. Everybody with small children needs to check and make sure they have safety blinds.”

Bronwyn's mother Cathy urged other families to use safety blinds if they have small children.

“Bronwyn’s grandparents absolutely adored her. She was only left alone for a few seconds. It’s just absolutely tragic.”

She stressed that it wasn't anyone's fault, either.

The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) said that since 1999, 28 children in the UK have died in window blind accidents.

It's not very well known that blinds can be so hazardous to young children.

“We don’t know exactly what happened but somehow she got the blinds, which were on a shelf above the floor, wrapped around her neck. Either the blind cord came down or Bronwyn reached up and knocked it down, we just don’t know.”

Bronwyn's father tried to make sense of it all.

It’s impossible to make sense of it all, especially for the family.

 

It's impossible to make sense of it all, especially for the family.

Here, is a demonstration of how they can be dangerous.

With a few knots, this would be an impossible situation to get out of — particularly for a small child.

Here, a demonstration of how they can be dangerous.

Bronwyn’s dad had some parting words for parents to learn from his tragedy: One can never be too cautious.

“Our whole world has been blown apart. Parents should never have to bury their child. My mum and dad have been blaming themselves but we don’t blame them. It was a freak accident.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *