AAA. It’s something you have for emergencies, but rarely use. Turns out, that’s kind of a waste, since there are actually a ton of useful membership perks that could save you cash on everything from antibiotics to car seats.
Here are 17 you might not know about:
1. Discounts on home and auto insurance
Comes in handy when you live with a not-so-great driver.
2. Free maps and travel guides
So you don’t end up wandering around aimlessly.
3. Discounts at more than 150,000 retail locations around the world
Take this as a sign to finally get that dress you’ve been eyeing.
4. Emergency fuel delivery
For when you’re running on empty.
5. Flat tire service
Because you still haven’t mastered that whole jack thing.
6. Free passport photos
Fingers crossed you’ll look better in this one.
7. International driving permits
Fingers crossed driving on the opposite side of the road isn’t that hard.
8. Access to AAA’s in-house travel agency
When the last thing you want to do is shell out even more money on an agent.
9. Loaner car seats in new cities
When the last thing you want to do is lug your little guy’s Graco cross-country.
10. Prescription savings program
Ear infections happen; at least get a deal on antibiotics.
11. Discounts on theme park tickets
That is, if the roller coasters at Six Flags don’t terrify you.
12. ID theft protection
Including daily credit monitoring, fraud support and lost wallet assistance.
13. Discounts on rental cars
14. Roadside assistance even when you’re not driving
Just because Kate’s a good friend doesn’t mean she’s a good driver.
15. In-office DMV tasks
Some states let you renew your license without ever stepping foot in the DMV.
16. Discounts on new cars
Get that new car smell for a few less dollars.
17. Something called a Guaranteed Arrest Bond Certificate
Which means that AAA will give you $1,000 to cover bond if you don’t have enough cash after a traffic violation. And no, that’s not a joke.